Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Well, Now I've Done It


Apparently, all my stress has finally caught up to me and my body is calling it quits. Today I'm stuck in the house with a bad back. Boo. In celebration of this forced break, I thought I'd share links to my favorite blog posts of late. Nothing like catching up on some reading when you can't do much else!


DIY

Bountiful Arranging Using Vegetables from Design Sponge
I should totally take advantage of this given how many vegetables I am swimming in from my CSA!

Painted Ornaments from Oh Happy Day!
Can't wait to go home for the holidays and try this out with my mom!

Don't Forget the Inside from Little Green Notebook
Painting the insides of cabinets a surprising color.  Simple, yet inspiring.

Fronds and Mirrors from Gardenista
I don't know why it never occurred to me, but as soon as my back is better, I'm getting to work on my plant arrangements. (I have a bunch that are dying now that I brought them indoors for the winter.) Thanks to this post, my plant revamp is definitely some mirrors here and there.

Mayor Bloomberg Pay Phone Design Challenge on Apartment Therapy
How awesome is this?! I can't wait to see how this works out. Maybe the winner will be you!


ARCHITECTURE

Former Farmhouse Turned Chalet in the Alps from Fresh Home
New goal: Save money to buy chalet in the Alps. Learn to ski.

Escala Arquitetura on Desire to Inspire
Or maybe head to Rio instead??


GIFT GUIDES

For the Bonsai Gardener from Gardenista
Who says you can't have a garden in a NY apartment?

Favorites From Fab on Design Sponge
Nicely curated selections from Fab.com.

Books to Gift on Design Sponge
I love too many of these to even begin to say which.

25% Off at Pure Home on Apartment Therapy
Nice coupon for all us holiday shoppers.



DESIGN APPRECIATION

Golly Bard feature on Design Sponge
My introduction to Holly Ward Bimba. I love her prints!


A Little Pink from At Swim-Two-Birds
Something very soothing about this color palette.

Moorish Tiles on Design Sponge
The DIY wheels are turning over here...

Stina Persson Print on SwissMiss
Wish I could give this to my sister! Also, this introduced me to Wonderwall which is going to be a new go-to source for prints.

Interview with Marimekko CEO on Apartment Therapy
Brief words from the man at the helm of the iconic Finnish designs.

Woodcut Notecards on Better Living Through Design
Bryan Nash Gill is awesome, and so are trees!

Photojojo Photo Lens Series on Better Living Through Design
Wondering if anyone has experience with these lenses.  They are awfully intriguing...


Happy Tuesday all!



No comments:

Post a Comment