Monday, April 2, 2012

Celebrating Change the Handcrafted Modern Way


Handcrafted Modern by Leslie Williamson (Rizzoli)


This is a huge week for me. Last week I ended my full-time job, and today I am starting my career as a full-time Voiceover Artist. This is an achievement I have been working towards for many years, and I am very happy and proud to finally be making this jump. It is a very exciting time. Naturally, it is also a very busy time. I'm in the midst of many schedule changes and life adjustments. Thus, I'll be unable to post in too much depth this week.

As I don't want to leave you completely hanging, this week I will offer up some books that I am dying to add to my collection. First and foremost is Handcrafted Modern by photographer, Leslie Williamson. I have been gushing over this book for so long, I can't even recall the start of my love-affair.  In celebration of my new career change, I have decided that I am finally allowed to purchase it! The book peeks into the homes of famed Mid-Century designers like George Nakashima, Wharton Esherick, and Charles and Ray Eames to name a few. Here are a few photo excerpts, but for more on the book check out Light Waves Imaging's website. They served as the printers for this Rizzoli-published gem.










You can purchase Handcrafted Modern by Leslie Williamson here.

Keep checking in this week for more book recommendations, and  I'll be back next Monday with in-depth Collectionaire features!


*All photographs from this post are by Leslie Williamson and from Handcrafted Modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment